Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Monday, September 8, 2008

A Beautiful Day at Manresa

My handsome boys! The four of us after a long, wet, FUN day!
Elijah and Tyler were EXHAUSTED by the time we got home, and both conked out-- Elijah's hand is on Tyler's carseat! :)
Tyler's first time at the ocean!
Steph and I with our babes!
(They are destined to marry, and already can't keep their eyes off eachother!) ;)
Tyler's cute feet enjoying the sand for the first time
Adorable Nora having some lunch
The dolphin is the black object towards the middle-- the objects toward the right are nearby surfers watching!

On Saturday, Kevin, the boys, and I along with Mark, Stephanie and Nora Werdon all enjoyed a gorgeous day at Manresa Sate Beach (Capitola area). It was 83 and beautiful, with not a cloud in the sky, nor wind. We set up our tent for the babies to escape the sun in, and ate lunch, swam, built sand castles, and enjoyed each other all day. Believe it or not, Kevin and Steph talked me into going into the ocean with them, where a wave almost took me OUT! We were literally IN the ocean, up to our necks! It was alot of fun, and I can't remember the last time I braved that! We were also fortunate enough to see a bunch of dolphins swimming VERY close to the shore-- they were actually swimming right out where Mark and Kevin had JUST been, but had come to shore for a break. They swam around for a long time, and then we saw some out further doing jumps in the water. It was so neat to see. Tyler didn't mind the feeling of sand between the toes, in fact Kevin even dug a little hole and SAT him in the sand at one point! (I was up at the car, or I would have put a stop to that, lol!) Elijah is still fearful of the ocean water, but put his feet in a few times holding Kevin's hand. He enjoyed playing with other kids there, and building sand castles. It was a great day.

No comments: