Yes, I know I'm late-- as usual!!! But this time I had an actual reason-- I got SOME pictures on Easter, but Kevin's brother Kyle got a lot of really good ones. I've been waiting to get them from him so I could put his on here, but finally decided that I have too many posts waiting on a few pictures. So, here I am. Easter Sunday we went to church along with my parents, and were excited to participate in an Easter egg hunt that the church puts on. This would be the 2nd year we've done it. We talked it up to Elijah, even though I don't think he really had a clue what to expect. The hunt was supposed to start at 10:40, which is usually right when church ends. So, we dropped the boys off at their Sunday school spots, and enjoyed service. After service we rushed out to watch Elijah hunt for eggs (thinking surely they would wait to start the hunt until after service let out). Long story short- the hunt happened ON TIME, and because we thought it would take place after service, we had left Elijah's easter egg basket in the truck to get right after church. He was in tears when I asked what happened, and said "All the kids got the eggs and I couldn't get any. Daddy had my basket in the truck, and I couldn't get any eggs cause the kids took them all. And I cried..." It was HEART BREAKING! Later that day, thankfully, we had been invited to the Martens' (Kyle's fiance Kelly, and her parents) house for dinner, and Kelly's mom had bought eggs Elijah was able to hunt for. He had a BLAST, and the best part was he got to look all by himself! :) We also dyed eggs out there, too-- which I don't have pictures of, Kyle does. :( But I did get a picture of Elijah's green fingers, lol!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment