Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Saturday, January 2, 2010

New Year's Commitment

Well, I can think of at least 2 times I've committed to reading through the Bible in a year, and sadly I've failed both times. I don't even think I made it halfway. I'm going to try again this year. I'm hoping if I make a public post about it that it will help encourage me to follow through, cause EVERYONE will know of this commitment, and surely someone will ask me how it's going! I'm following a plan that keeps you in chronological order, which to me is less confusing. For a long time I assumed the Bible, if read from front to back, occurred in chronological order... but it does not. So, this study will take me through history relatively in order, and I look forward to it. For anyone interested in following along on this journey, please contact me and I can give you a copy of the plan! :) Or, many Bibles offer their own plans- there are even some that get you through the Bible in 90 days! I don't think I'd understand anything I read if I did it that fast!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Katrina, how's your Daily Bible Reading going? Since you've shared it on your blog and asked for open accountability, here's like a 3 months in checkup. :)

For Lent, I've given up TV and started reading a set of Early Church writings for 40 days (not including Sundays). It's been great sticking with it (even if I did have to make up days by reading double). And now, I think I'm going to also add Reading through the Bible in a year. I found a great site that sets up a calendar and readings for everyday. And I've synced it to my Google Calendar so I can get reminders on all my computers, iPod... well, everywhere! :) I'm hoping this discipline of reading will continue and instead of Early Church writings, I'll read the Bible instead. Yay for a plan!

So, ask me in a couple of months how I'm doing too :) and I'll ask you again too.