Kevin and I have recently found out that we're expecting baby #3!!! We are very excited, to say the least. :) We would like to clarify right now, however, that we are NOT "trying for a girl." I was asked that multiple times when I was pregnant with Tyler, and had to constantly answer we'd be happy either way. And I'm not just saying that!! Even if God Himself came and told me I could have ANYTHING I wanted, I still wouldn't know what to choose! I am so thankful that I am not in control of the outcome, because God knows what's best, and what I can and cannot handle. I can see ups and downs to either sex, so I am excited to see what God has chosen for us!
So, let me tell you something VERY fun... A few days after we got home from our Disneyland trip, Elijah popped out with the question: "Mom, do you have a baby in your tummy!?" The last time he asked someone that question was when he asked my friend Katie about a year ago. When he asked her, I kinda giggled wondering why he'd ask such a thing, but then was SHOCKED when she looked at me and said, "Actually I AM! I was wondering how I was gonna tell you guys, but I guess I didn't need to!" So, when Elijah asked ME, don't ask me why but I felt VERY awkward and didn't know how to answer!!! Which is weird, considering at the time there was no reason to even SUSPECT that I was pregnant. Now that I actually know that I'm pregnant the story is just so much fun!!! So, Elijah was right! Ha ha!!
Since our announcement to the kids, we've had mixed reactions... Elijah is thrilled- the 1st thing out of his mouth when we told them was, "I wanna name it!!" lol. Tyler didn't seem to really understand (rightfully so), so sometimes I just point to my belly and say "baby." And he repeats it, or will point to my stomach if I ask him where Mommy's baby is... Well today Elijah asked if when the baby comes will we be going to the police department. ;) I explained that no, we'd be going to the hospital... then in a day or so, Mommy and the baby would come home and the baby will live with us. This made Elijah SOO excited. Then I asked him where the baby would sleep.. Elijah said, "with me!" Then he said "with Tyler!" To this, Tyler yelled "NOOO!" Okay, I underestimated what this child can comprehend!! And we only went downhill from there... then I explained that maybe the baby would sleep in their room, and the big boys would get bunk beds, and the baby would sleep in Tyler's bed. Tyler didn't like that either. In fact, after a couple times of Elijah saying it, Tyler literally BURST out in tears... actual tears and was really upset! I tried explaining the baby wouldn't be IN the bed WITH him, but he didn't care. He cried really hard and wanted to hug me!! (I couldn't help but giggle at the situation!) Any mention of "baby" at all from that point on made him cry. Then he insisted that HE was the baby!!! lol! Oh boy am I in for it, ha ha! When Tyler came, Elijah's life (in his eyes) didn't change much- he didn't pay much attention to Tyler at all.. he was always so independent and in his own little world, that life just carried on. Tyler, I'm starting to think, is going to have a hard time... I will definitely be pulled in 2 directions! :) Oh boy!!!



1 comment:
I've got two great books that might written by Dr Sears (senior) and his wife that might me useful to explain what is going on with you (during your pregnancy) or what to expect (after the baby is born). I know Elizabeth really liked the knowing about it. Also, I think it has some recommendations on how to "talk" to your young kids about it. You may be even able to find this book and others like it at the library. If not, I think I can easily dig them up and bring them to Stockton next time we're in town.
OH... and CONGRATULATIONS!! We're super excited for you all. We can't wait to meet all your kids (I know, crazy, I just realized we haven't met any of your kids or you ours... we have GOT to get our two families together)!
Post a Comment