Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Happy Birthday to ME???

Well, this year I turned 28! We went to dinner with family a couple nights before my birthday and had a fantastic time. The actual day of my birthday I was scheduled to have surgery (not because I thought this would be a fun day to do it, but it worked the best with Kevin's schedule!). Nothing major, just the same procedure that I've had with both other pregnancies... the Dr puts a small stitch in my cervix to help hold baby inside. I have what they call an "incompetent cervix." It's a precautionary surgery that has always gone well in the past. This time, however, it did not go as planned. While preparing to place this small stitch, my dr noticed that I had a huge tear in my cervix.. this is not normal. In fact, in 30yrs of practice he had never seen or even HEARD of this before. So he stitched up this large tear, as well as placed the "cerclage" stitch (which will be removed at 36wks). I was then placed on 2 weeks of absolute bedrest. I was only allowed to get up to use the restroom or shower. For the first few days I had to lay COMPLETELY flat on my back, as I experienced a "spinal headache" from the anesthesia. I also experienced this when I had the surgery done with Elijah. I went back in to the hospital for a procedure called a Blood Patch, which stopped the spinal headache and I was finally rid of the intense pain-- it was awful. Then I finished out my 2 weeks of bedrest. I am now on "modified bedrest," which basically means I have to be very very careful about what I do. I cannot exercise or do any major activites; I was forbidden to fly to WA in June to visit my sister and be with my nephew for his 1st birthday (which broke my heart). All in all I'm happy to report I'm feeling great, and recovered from the surgery. Now it's just up to the Lord to protect and watch over this little one inside me, and keep it safe until I'm due. Also to heal the stitches in my cervix, and keep my cervix intact. Thank you to all those who brought by food, or watched the boys, or babysat me. I am so blessed to have wonderful family and friends who definitely pulled through for our family during this time. I especially have an amazing husband who has been carrying a much heavier load since all this happened. He's been a wonderful help and I love and appreciate him so much! :)

No comments: