I'm not TOO bad at keeping you all updated on what we've been up to, but I admit I am very bad at keeping you updated on everyday, developmental specifics, etc. Elijah is 4yrs old, and FULL of energy. I don't say this lightly. He is nonstop from the moment he wakes up in the morning to the moment he finally crashes (by force) at night. He loves doing things WITH someone for the most part... this can be playing games (card or board games), or playing with toys in the living room, or reading books, or dancing to music (a favorite to BOTH boys), watching cartoons (his favorites are "Sid the Science Kid," "World World," "Sesame Street," "Dinosaur Train"), jumping on the trampoline, playing basketball..... and the list goes on. Sometimes he'll even be independent and spend a lot of time in the backyard alone (with the dogs, who are his "best friends" he says), exploring or playing make-believe, or finding interesting bugs. His facial expressions are priceless, and he can be very entertaining. He isn't a snugly kid, but he'll get into moods where he'll just tell you he loves you and wants to give lots of (quick)hugs and kisses. For the most part he's a typical big brother: bossy at times, takes toys away from Tyler, and domineering. Although, quite often Tyler can be the bully and cause the tears from Elijah. Elijah can be quite the drama "king" at times, breaking into major tears over tiny things... however, he is extremely smart, and usually you can reason with him quite easily. He memorizes verses weekly for his Awana class, and it's amazing to hear him recite ones he memorized a while ago. He has a great capacity to learn and remember things, it's amazing. He's earned all kinds of patches for his Awana vest, and enjoys going on Wednesday nights. On Thursday mornings, he and I go to a bible study at our church, where we are studying the entire book of John. It's called Bible Study Fellowship (BSF), and they actually teach him the same things that I'm learning, just toned down to his understanding. He LOVES going to this with me- it's our special thing we do together, while Tyler stays at my mom's.
Tyler is now 19months. He is FINALLY starting to actually talk, although he's been communicating quite clearly without words for a while now. He says "Mama," "Daddy," "Lijah" for Elijah, "fsh" for fish, "ball," "oose" for juice, "shoe," "Pa," "pees" for please,... so it's exciting. He runs around following after Elijah like his little shadow most of the time, and loves to attempt anything Elijah does. This quite often (along with clumsy occasions) causes him to wind up with multiple bruises. His forehead almost always has a nice bruise on it. He's a champ though, not too much causes him to cry too badly. He just gets back up and keeps going. Most of the time he makes me quite nervous, as he has little fear. He will climb anything, and attempt things Elijah never did until he was like 3 years old!!! (Elijah's always been my cautious kid!) He enjoys playing with cars, playing catch, dancing to music, reading books (although not nearly as much as Elijah), EATING (this kid snacks and eats ALL day long! He should weigh much more than he does right now, I don't know where it goes! ha ha), and going outside to jump on the trampoline or just play. Most of the time he just tries to play with Elijah, but sometimes he can be a little turkey and ornery and hit Elijah. So, this is our constant battle as of now, getting him to not hit. And of course when Elijah hits or even acts as though he will hit Tyler, this just sets us back. All typical brotherly love! ;) Tyler is very snugly, which I have to say I enjoy. Elijah was always so independent and occupied himself at this age, whereas Tyler will shadow me and want to be held and be more needy. It has it's ups and downs, but I do enjoy when he wants to just sit on my lap and lean his head on me!
BOTH boys adore their daddy, and are so excited when he wakes up in the afternoons, or when it's his day off. Kevin's real sweet about taking them out sometimes to do "boy stuff," which enables me to get some MUCH NEEDED chores done without interruption. ;) Turning on some favorite songs and blasting it up super high in the living room is one of Kevin and the boys favorite things to do together. This causes an instant reaction from the boys to start dancing and playing. It's so fun to watch (and participate in!). Kevin is still working graveyards, and attempting to get rest during the day (while I spend the day shooshing the boys!). He enjoys the people he works with, including his partner, and still loves being a police officer. On Wednesday nights he is a "listener"/group leader at Awana's for the "T&T" group (ages ), which he enjoys very much.
I am enjoying all the ins and outs of being a stay-at-home mommy. I have my days when I just can't take anymore whining and feel like I've been nothing but grumpy and short, and then I have my days that seem so fun and rewarding... but it balances out. I'm so grateful to be at home with them, and know how fast this precious time will fly. I try my best to value it, and not dwell on the stressful parts! :) On Wednesday nights when Elijah and Kevin are doing Awanas, I take a break from the kids and am a part of a bible study called "One in a Million," by Patricia Shirer. I'm enjoying it a lot. Then on Thursday mornings I am going through the book of John with BSF, and am learning more than I ever thought even existed in God's Word. It's amazing how a book written so long ago, filled with a bunch of "stories" (or so I thought), can apply so deeply to me (and everyone) now. So, this keeps me pretty busy, as there is daily homework for both studies.
Anyway, just thought I'd do something different on here for a change! For those that I see or talk to often, you know most of this. But for family far away, I thought it'd be nice for you to know things on a more deeper level!



No comments:
Post a Comment