Last weekend a woman by the name of Beth Moore came to the Stockton Arena. She is a Christian author and motivational speaker, and I was fortunate enough to attend. Karen and Danielle came down from Oregon, and Steph came from Lodi, and we all went together. It was Friday evening from 7-9:30, and Saturday morning from 8:30-12. It was amazing. The title of her message was "Bridezilla to Bride," and she spoke out of Revelation 19. It was basically talking about how as Christians we are to be the "Bride of Christ," and be preparing for His return. She spoke a bit about her past, and some of things she's personally gone through in her life, and the one thing that affected me the most was this: "When are we going to start BELIEVING God about ourselves?" It seems like a simple question- but it's very profound. Especially in today's culture, there is a lot of pressure on men and women (although I think much more on women), to look a certain way. All my life I've been teased or envied because I was thin. Those closest to me know that it is something that I DO NOT like, that in fact I would prefer to GAIN some weight, but it just doesn't happen. I always get remarks like, "That must be nice to have THAT problem!" Although I think if the situation were reversed, even someone who has struggled with keeping weight OFF wouldn't like struggling to keep it ON either. Anyway, this along with other things that revolve around having had kids and my body not being the same afterwards has made me very self-conscious. Hearing her say that last weekend was very inspiring to me. I know God loves me EXACTLY the way I am, that He has created me the size, shape, color, etc., that I am for His purpose. I know He is completely happy with the way I look, and loves me the way I am. So, I've decided to believe God about myself, and be content. :) I highly recommend any woman attend her seminar!
Saturday, July 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment