Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Praise The Lord!!!!

I just finished catching up on all our recent activity, but couldn't go to sleep without posting this last one. Tonight when I was putting the boys to bed, Elijah was asking all kinds of questions about Jesus and God, and if they lived in our hearts, and if they go to bed with us. He asked similar questions earlier today, and I felt a tug at my heart to go into deeper discussion with him about things. But, the conversation was interrupted, and I told myself if he brought it up again I'd follow through. So, sure enough, I sat down on his bed (mind you- Tyler's in his bed wondering why I'm still in the room, and why the light is still on), and began talking with him. I basically told him the basics, and told him he can pray to God whenever he wants, and that God will always be there for him. Then I asked if he wanted to pray together, and he was just so excited. So I first prayed for him, and then let him pray to God himself. He asked Jesus to come into his heart, and said sorry for all his sins, and told Jesus he believed in Him, and that he loved Him. It was one of the most special events of my entire life. From the minute my boys were each born I've been praying for them, and let me tell you-- God answers prayer. I am just so thankful to the Lord for giving Elijah such an open heart, and for being willing to accept Christ. I cannot even begin to explain the look on his face after he prayed- just a look of extreme joy. It was as if God filled him full of joy from head to toe. Thank you, Lord- you've blessed me SO much today!

No comments: